RoHS is a European Union (EU) Directive on the Restriction of certain Hazardous Substances.
The purpose of the Directive is to limit pollution via leaching during end of product life recycling or landfill disposal. Although written specifically for the electronics industry, the Directive has been broadly applied to other products.
RoHS hazardous substances and maximum allowable concentrations levels are:
- Lead (Pb) -- .1% max concentration
- Mercury (Hg) -- .1% max concentration
- Cadmium (Cd) -- .01% max concentration
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr(V1)) -- .1% max concentration (.35% max in steels, 4% max in copper alloys)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) -- .1% max concentration
- Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) -- .1% max concentration
Conbraco's declaration below lists our products that are RoHS compliant.